Friday, June 8, 2012

Everything's Coming Up Roses

One of the things I'd say I'm best at, when it comes to cake pops, is making bouquets. I've done this with different kinds of flowers, but after all of my trials, the roses always come out best. They have become my go-to gift, and I made some for my mom on Mother's Day. She taught me everything I know about liking sugar, and made sure none of them went to waste.

I make them a little bit bigger than an average cake pop and make the top a little bit flat to help showcase all of the petals. The leaves are made out of candy coating as well, and even thought you can't see it here, where the stick hits the flower there are little green leaves. I haven't found green lollipop sticks, but clearly that's the next logical step I need to take. If anyone knows of these, let me know!

A dozen, including a vase and ribbon, cost $30.

Hit me up: cakebitebakery@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment