Monday, April 30, 2012

Shamrockin Out for the March of Dimes

Ever since my first venture into cake pops, I have been in love, and my friends have become obsessed as well. My good friend, and first customer, ordered some for her team's brunch after they walked the March of Dimes. Brittany wanted them to be an Irish theme, since they had made green team t-shirts. They were walking to support her cousin's son, who as born premature at 24 weeks. They did the walk on Saturday, but if you feel so inclined you can still donate here


I used a mini shamrock cookie cutter--the trick is that you HAVE to have a cookie cutter without a top. You need to be able to use a knife to cut the cake so it is flat on both sides. I wasn't sure if the shape would really come out (the cookie cutter had a little stem, but it was so little I didn't bother keeping it on any of the pops. Brittany ordered two dozen, so hopefully they satisfied her team after their march!


No comments:

Post a Comment