Friday, June 15, 2012

The Bells of Saint Mary's

Well, these are coming two weeks late. I was hoping to be able to get my act together in time to get some Saint Mary's cake pops ready in time to bring for my five year college reunion. '07 y'all! Alas, I did not. However, part two is this weekend: one of my best girlfriends from college is getting hitched. (Shout out to Brooke and Aaron--have a lifetime of happiness!)


Since many of my friends live far away, they've been supporting my baking from afar, but haven't actually gotten to eat anything that I'm made.  THIS ENDS NOW! (Or in a few hours when I actually leave the office and head to the wedding.) I decided to make some cake pops that reflected my favorite school in the world: Saint Mary's College. We are the Belles, and often interpret that in the more literal sense, although each of us is as beautiful as we are smart. The French Cross adorning the front is one of the school's symbols.


I'm excited to share my treats, and a friend's happiness, with my friends this weekend. Hope all of you have something fun planned too. Long live summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment