Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shower Power!

I've reached the point in my life, where nearly everyone I know is getting married. I'm in three weddings this year and will have attended five by the end of 2012, and we all know what that means: open bar!

It also means showers and bachelorette parties galore. My best friend Lauren's incredible aunts (who I named this post for) decided to throw her a big, beautiful shower, and they asked me to make cake pops as the favor for the guests. I had seen a lot of variations of Bakerella's bride and groom cake pops, and decided to try my hand at these cute little guys myself.
Lauren's colors are black, white and purple, so I decided to accessorize in color. 
The veil is a small piece of glittery tulle.

I was so happy with how they turned out! These aren't for the faint of heart--I was up until one in the morning decorating them, but it was well worth it. The scary part was bringing them in the car for a five hour drive in the heat wave, but (thankfully) they made it unscathed. 
This is the seventh shower that Lauren's aunts (a.k.a. Shower Power) have thrown, and you can tell. 
How cute are those little bags? These were at each guests' seat.

The shower was a huge success, and it was fun to meet Lauren's family so I know a few more people before making a speech at her wedding. If that goes even half as well as my cake pops, I'll mark it in the win column!
At the shower: Me, Lauren (the blushing bride) and Bevin, another bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment